Most business owners understand the value of a website, but it is also important for them to understand that not all websites are the same and not all websites are created equal. In order to get the results you are seeking from your website, it’s important for it to be as effective as it can be by making sure key elements are included in your website.
Here are the top 20 characteristics of an Effective Website Design.
1. The colors are reflective of your target customers and fitting.
2. The fonts are easy to read and understand and it is a web safe font.
3. The font size makes it easy for a 16 year old or 60 year old to read.
4. The images used on the website help convey your market message
5. Your website content clearly defines the problem your audience is facing and how you are able to solve them.
6. You have testimonials and case studies included in your website.
7. Your phone number and contact information is easily visible.
8. Your website is very intuitive and easy to use.
9. Your website have the necessary call to actions
10. Your website has a way to capture the contact information of visitors, so that you can continue to follow up with them.
11. If your website is 20 pages or more, adding a search bar to make it easier for visitors to find information increases usability.
12. Avoid building a flash website, it takes very long for the site to load and most people computers and smartphones cannot support flash.
13. Keep the size of the images small, large images affects the load time of your website .
14. Keep the layout of the website and the branding consistent.
15. Link your logo to the homepage, people expect it there.
16. Keep your content short and to the point, but offer visitors the option to learn more, via whitepapers or articles or company brochure.
17. Use your thank you page to further engage those who fill out a contact form.
18. Make sure that your website looks the same across all platforms but performing browser compatibility testing before launching your website.
19. Make it easy for prospects to find you by optimizing your website to get found online in searches by utilizing keywords.
20. Make sure that you have the ability to update your website as you wish, outdated information on your website and expired offers can and will turn visitors away.
Nicole McCullum is the founder of Captivate Designs a web design company that specializes in Website Redesign. Captivate Designs prides itself on delivering Effective Website Design to small businesses throughout the US who are seeking an Effective Web Design Company. For a free consultation you can reach her at 877-877-4936.