The fact is when a prospect lands on your company’s website, one of the top questions they are asking themselves is, “why should I buy from this company?” You need to answer this question in a compelling way so you can meet your sales goals. A powerful value proposition helps you acquire more clients and grow your business, and explains to prospects why they should buy from you.
So how do you create a compelling value proposition that appeals to your target clients, that makes them want to buy from you?
Steps to Developing a Value Proposition.
First your value proposition, must answer three questions.
- What you offer?
- What’s in it for your customers?
- What you do different? i.e. your approach to providing a solution or solving their problem
How do you answer these questions?
First, you don’t assume that you know why your customers buy from you, without solid backed data. If you don’t already have data as a result of surveys, customer interviews etc. It’s time for you to take a deep dive into gathering this information by getting into the heads of your clients. Ask them why did they choose to do business with you, what attributes or characteristics of you or your company stood out to them?
Testimonials and Success Stories.
Next look at testimonials and success stories, these are often a great indicator of the results the client were seeking and what they valued most about your working relationship. For example one of our clients, gave us the following testimonial, “Since we launched the new website design, we are having increases across the board in leads and conversions.”
Lead Generation Forms.
If you generate leads through a contact form on your website that a prospect fills out, go through each one and identify what clients said they were looking for. For e.g. a prospective customer seeking a website redesign, recently submitted this request using our get a quote form, “We would like to redesign our website in order to appear more professional and make a good first impression to potential clients.
This form is golden to us, because it is exactly what we help our clients achieve. We can now create a value proposition using the prospect initial inquiry.
Look within your company.
Finally you want to look within your company and cross check the information that you have derived from your customers interview, contact form and any other resources you might have acquired to gather this information. Ask yourself what problem is your company solving and what makes you different?
Using my company as an example. Some of the things that sets us apart are:
- The fact that we produce high quality professional designs at an affordable price
- We take a conversion driven approach to designing websites
- We don’t just focus on a pretty design, we focus on making sure our designs will turn website visitors into leads.
Putting your value proposition together.
If you take the testimonial from your client, the comment from your lead generation form and what sets you apart you can arrive at your value proposition.
Here’s a recap of the elements we referenced above, see how we arrived at our value proposition below by incorporating all the sources we discussed.
- Testimonial: “Since we launched the new website design, we are having increases across the board in leads and conversions.”
- Lead generation form request: “We would like to redesign our website in order to appear more professional and make a good first impression to potential clients. “
- Our differentiating factors: we produce high quality designs at an affordable price and we take a conversion driven approach to designing websites, so we don’t just focus on a pretty design, we focus on making sure our designs will turn website visitors into leads.
Here’s an example of how you will arrive at a value proposition?
We help small business and entrepreneurs look more professional and attract more clients by taking a marketing driven approach to website redesign.
It’s important to note, that there are many ways to say the same thing. In the next article, we will discuss how to find a value proposition that works.
Not sure what to do? We can help you design and create a visually appealing website with a compelling value proposition at an affordable price.
Give us a call today to Get Started! 877-877-4936