Consider these statistics:
“57% of users won’t recommend a business if it has a poorly designed mobile site.” [Source: Google]
“40% have turned to a competitor’s website after a bad mobile experience.” [Source: Google]
If your website is not mobile friendly, chances are you are losing mobile users and potential customers.
According to Small Business Trends, a comScore report says smartphones and tablets combined now account for 60 percent of all online traffic up from 50 percent a year ago.
How to tell if your website is mobile friendly?
Mobile is so important that Google now tell searchers if a website is mobile friendly or not. They have also implemented the mobile friendly test to help you ensure your website is mobile friendly.
Take Google’s Mobile Friendly test to determine if your website is mobile friendly.
- Click on this link https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/
- Enter your website address
- Click analyze
Determine how many mobile visitors your website is getting.
Another important factor to ensuring that you don’t lose mobile customers, is to determine how many of your existing website visitors are coming from Mobile. If you have Google Analytics installed. You can pull a report from the Audience Tab. Here is how to do that:
Simply Login to Google Analytics
- Click on reporting
- Click on audience
- Click on mobile
- Click on Overview (this will tell you the percentage of traffic you are receiving from desktop, mobile and tablet. If you click on the devices tab, you will also see a breakdown of the devices customers are using to access your website including make and model.
Don’t Have Google Analytics Installed on Your Website.
If you don’t have Google Analytics installed on your website, you may want to do so. Google analytics provides you with a ton of data and insights such as:
- Who your customers are?
- How much traffic your website is getting?
- Where they are coming from?
- What your top performing web pages are?
- What your top exist pages
- and so much more useful data that can help you maximize your website performance and increase your return on your advertising investment.