Many business owners think that when it comes to internet marketing, you have to pay to capitalized on the phenomenon of being in front of businesses that are actively searching for your business at a time when they need it. However, there are a lot of free ways to drive qualified, highly targeted traffic to your website for free, that can help you generate leads and acquire new customers.
Google Places is just one of those free options that will bring you qualified traffic for free when it comes to local advertising. Previously known as Google Maps, Google renamed Google Maps to Google Places because of the increased focus and success of local internet advertising. Local businesses now have an advantage when it comes to local search advertising by getting priority placement over national companies.
The other areas that allows you to get free local traffic are Yahoo Local and Bing Local, and best of all it will only take you 15 minutes to set this up. In addition you can add coupons, discounts and other incentives to entice target customers.
In addition, when you add your business on Bing local you get a bonus of showing up on Facebook, when others search for businesses on Facebook and there is no Facebook results, Bing Local Listings will appear!
Maximize your exposure on Google Places and the Other Local Services, here are five things to implement!
1. Ensure that your information is filled out completely and your business is listed accurately on the map.
2. Encourage your customers to place reviews on your Google Places page. Of course you want your reviews to be positive.
3. Add coupons and other promotions to your listing. This can be changed at any time.
4. Ensure that you have keywords, with your local target area included in your website content and meta tags, it will give you a boost, because it will be more relevant and targeted to the search.
5. Add samples of your work to your listing. For example if you’re a remodeler, add before and after pictures, if you are a wedding planner, add pictures of weddings you have planned, if you are a Pilates instructor add before and after pictures of your client.