Email marketing should become an essential part of any small business marketing strategy. According to experts, only 10 percent of people that come into contact with your advertising message will make a purchase right away. The key to marketing success and higher marketing ROI, lies in your ability to build your lead generation pipeline using your website as a funnel and convert those leads into paying customers over a period of time. For the small business owner, this is where email marketing comes in, because you have limited time and resources, implementing a series of follow up email will help you stay in front of prospects, establish credibility, build a relationship and win new sales.
The key is making sure that your emails get open in order to boost sales and achieve results. Here are five proven tips for email marketing success.
1. Ask a question – Your email subject line should be in the form of a question that addresses an immediate concern your target customer is facing. The question should have the reader think about the problem and the urgency of solving it.
2. Email Subject Lines- Your email subject lines should be 70 characters or less but your email should also be 300 words or less.
3. The Headline – You should repeat your email subject as the headline of your newsletter to reinforce your point and create a flow of problem and solution.
4. Call Readers to Action – It is imperative that you include a call to action in the beginning, middle and at the end of your email to increase conversions.
5. Design – The layout of your email is important, because an email that has too much stuff going on will not be effective. Keep your email at a single column, with a nice flow, clean with nice fonts, highlighting headlines and key points as necessary.
Nicole McCullum is the founder of Captivate Designs, a New York Web Design Company, specializing in Website Redesign. If you would are interested in a Web Redesign, please feel free to contact her at 877-877-4936 about her Web Design New York Services.
Increase Your Rankings.