Have Questions? Call us: 877-877-4936
If you are a small business owner who have heard about SEO or Search Engine Optimization, considered it, but have been reluctant to spend the money on it because of the cost or because of the time frame it takes to produce a return on investment (approximately 30 days or more).
Here is a few simple steps to determining whether or not SEO is worth it for your business.
1. Identify how many new customers you would like to get per month
2. Find keyword(s) that gets you x amount of traffic per month
3. Get first page placement for your keyword
4. Calculate the amount of traffic you can expect based on where your keyword is positioned
5. Ensure that your website design is effective enough to convert at least 2% of website traffic.
It all boils down to simple math, just like anything else, you need to calculate your Return on Investment (ROI), you need to track your website statistics and monitor your efforts and placement, and your competitors consistently.
Here is a scenario; Captivate Designs is currently ranked for approximately 20 keywords that bring constant traffic to us on a monthly basis. One of the keywords that we are ranked on the 1st page, 1st position for is affordable web design solutions:
• Affordable Web Design Solutions receives approximately 390 searches per month.
• Since we are on the 1st page, 2nd position, we get on average 30-40% of traffic which equals to a minimum of 117 unique visitors per month
• In turn we convert approximately 2.2% into sales or get at least 2 sales from that one keyword
The lesson here is even though we are optimizing for a low volume searched keyword, it still brings us business and contributes to our bottom line, because it is highly qualified to the service that we provide.
One of the greatest benefits about search engine traffic is that it puts your business in front of qualified prospects, people who are searching for your product or service at a time when they are ready to buy.
You need to ask yourself, how much searches are there online for my product and/or services, and how much business am I missing because I am not showing up? It’s simple math really.
If you would like to take advantage of SEO, Captivate Designs is now offering affordable SEO services to a select number of clients. We can help you generate leads and grow your business. Contact us for a Free SEO Consultation for us to evaluate if it is worth it for your business to invest in SEO.